Friday, October 31, 2014

weekend reading

Compared to the previous couple of weeks we've had a very healthy week here (the joys of being back at school and kinder). I am very happy to be back to some 'routine', here's a bit of what's been happening and what caught my eye on the web this week:

I borrowed Baby and a Backpack from the library but haven't started it yet because I can't put A Doctor's Dream down!

Still on books The Soul of Money looks interesting

And dare I mention Christmas but I'll be buying a copy of A. L. Tait's new book
The Mapmaker Chronicles for River

Great tips from Georgia: How To Establish Healthy Eating Habits

I loved trying Georgia's quinoa pattie recipe this week. It makes quite a big batch which was great because I ate them for breakfast lunch and dinner!

If you've been thinking about signing up for Brenda and Naomi's 21 day holistic program for losing stubborn weight you still have time to get in at the early bird rate of $99. I like the program because it is...holistic! Covering hormones, sleep, mindset, blood sugar balance, toxins and more. Brenda is a health coach and Naomi is a naturopath they have designed a detox plan, questionnaires, recipes and offer you their expert guidance. (just so you know, I like Brenda and Naomi's approach so much I am an affiliate for their program).

Have you seen MotherZen? It is the new online home of mother, author and columnist Jacinta Tynan.

We are going trick or treating tonight for the first time ever. I agreed to it because we are going with an American friend who grew up celebrating Halloween and will explain to River and Sol about the meaning and her memories of the traditions of the day so it feels a bit more authentic!

Then it is Melbourne Cup 'weekend' here. On Cup Day we will spend time with family and friends who we haven't seen since we've been home from our trip. I'm thinking of making a kale and roasted pumpkin salad of some sort with some toasted seeds and who knows what else I'll find to toss in. If it works out well I'll save the recipe for you.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here next week with a recipe for carrot, poppyseed and orange muffins and I have a giveaway in the pipeline too. Happy cooking! xx

3 comments:

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...