Monday, May 26, 2014

notes from the road



Regular readers here will know that my family and I are on a working road trip from our home on the Mornington Peninsula up to Cape York in Far North Queensland. The working part relates to the work my husband Pete is doing with Indigenous communities around Australia you can read more about that at www.bepartofthehealing.org and www.cultureislife.org

Despite having a myriad of stories to share with you already after only being away for 10 days, blogging on the road hasn't proved easy due to inconsistent internet access. Bear with me I am still thinking of you! And will post when I can, including getting back to the step-by-step series.

Highlights so far:

*Sunrise ceremony with Yuin Elder Uncle Max Harrison just outside of Bermagui.

* Meeting Kellie from dear olive at Bondi Grower's market. The market was crazy busy; Kellie, Olive and Clancy were as divine in real life as they are online.

* Child free time in Sydney with my old friend Anna that included lunch and cocktails at The Grounds.

* Wholefood and friendship in Bermagui where we ate prawns caught by our friend Adrian, sourdough prepared by his wife Steph topped with honey harvested from Adrian's beehives, taylor and salmon caught by Pete and Adrian and sons.

* Coffee and chai at mister jones in Bermagui.

* Discovering new to me wholefood stores and markets, I am compiling a list to add to the blog.

*The feeling of freedom and sense of possibility and creative inspiration that comes with being on the road.

There have been challenges too, long days in the car with two young children are not easy. It is taking some time to find our family rhythm of life on the road (24/7 together!) but that is part of the fun too. There is much more to say, I am taking notes and will share more soon. I hope you are all well and enjoying your wholefood path.

If you want to follow our trip on instagram you can find me @wholefoodmama or on facebook here.

Bye for now xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...