Thursday, April 03, 2014

thursday recipe: sweet and crunchy parsley, apple, capsicum salad




This salad is a classic example of my commitment to using what's in the fridge and garden to create a meal rather than heading out to buy something more or different.

We had this for a beautiful lunch last Sunday with dahl, rice, tuna and black olives. Weird sounding combo I know but that's what we had on hand so that's what we ate. In our kitchen there are two main aims: to eat really well and to waste nothing.

The salad though was so sweet, crunchy and scrumptious I wanted to share it with you.

It is super simple.

I plucked a big handful of parsley from the garden, it is nice to use herbs as a feature in a salad from time to time rather than just as a smattering or garnish. And I also like making salads where leaves aren't the dominant ingredient.

Ingredients + method

1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1/2 crisp capsicum (must be a fresh one, soggy won't do)
royal gala apple skin on, finely chopped
1 small carrot, grated
1 small zucchini, grated
handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
splash of apple cider vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy alongside your favorite meal. If you'd like to make dahl you can find my recipe here.

Happy cooking x

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...