Friday, March 14, 2014

weekend reading - postponed



In place of my usual weekend reading list that I post on Friday, I am dedicating today's post to acknowledging the power and spirit of community and putting a call out to support beautiful mama Sonya Koeck who is doing everything in her power to continue alternative, progressive treatment for cancer after being diagnosed five years ago. You can read more about Sonya's story in my post from last year.

Sonya is a beloved friend of people close in my life, she has relocated herself and her two children to Warranwood in Melbourne to receive low dose chemo that in the past she has travelled to Germany for.

If anyone is local to Warranwood and is able to assist with driving Sonya to her treatment in Warrigal Road Burwood on Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday please phone Margie on 0402 342 340.

As many of you are aware this type of treatment is astronomically expensive. If you feel like giving up your coffee, chai or juice for a day and donating $5 or whatever you can that would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou to those on The Wholefood Mama facebook page who read this and donated. 

I know that some weeks even $5 is too much of a stretch, so instead we count our blessings! And if that's you this week, count your blessings and send some healing thoughts and blessings out to Sonya and her family.

Sending blessings to Sonya and her family, and to each of you who may have in one way or another been affected by cancer. It is all too common and for that reason I am moved to support people in any way I can, so that's why I share this here today.


For donations: SONYA KOECK
Commonwealth Bank, Narrandera
BSB: 062583
ACC: 960503
SWIFT code: CTBAAU2S


Thankyou for reading this and for your thoughts and prayers and donations. 
Wishing you all a beautiful Autumn weekend and I will 'see' you back here next week with more wholefood love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...