Friday, February 08, 2013

friday so soon?!


We are doing our best here to pretend that summer holidays are not over. I pick River up from school with surfboard strapped to the roof of the car, beach bag packed and a couple of nights this week dinner packed too. Please summer days stay forever.

How are the new year intentions/resolutions coming along? With January over in the shake of a beachtowel I am determined not to let February slip through my fingers. My resolutions feel within reach, that in itself feels good!

Today's list...

A good read from Heather at Beauty that Moves - Healthy Eating with a Teenager

I found a delicious recipe for raw vegan cranberry bliss bars on This Rawsome Vegan Life. The recipes, writing and photography on this blog is enough to make me think about going vegan!

My friend Anthea sent me a link to this sweet post on Meg's blog 'My Wholefood Romance', it is a post about nourishing new mums (very important!) and includes a recipe for a quinoa, coconut, fruit filled breakfast 'loaf-cake'. Thanks Anthea.

Is it just me or do any of you have issue with the whole 'superfood from the Amazon' push? For those of us who don't live in the Amazon and prefer our 'superfoods' to be ones local to where we live this link that my friend Andy sent through is a good place to start -  'The top 9 Superfoods' (I also love that the Dr who writes the site calls himself a Health Evangelist. If you are going to be an evangelist, converting people to great health seems like a good idea to me).

If growing vegies is on your to do list this year, Farmer Liz is posting a great series all about 'getting started with growing your own'. Even if you are already a grower you can probably pick up some ideas there too.

The final link on this list makes me smile. A big welcome and thank you for signing up to Raimundo (perhaps the first wholefood papa here!) and the other new followers and facebook likers of this here blog. Raimundo is the man behind a delightful and fun blog called Art and Salads. Check it out.

Have a delicious weekend. As always, thanks for reading and for your comments xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...