Monday, December 17, 2012

marinated tofu, spinach and sesame seed salad


As promised, something delicious for you to start your week with. A quick lunch I pulled together using what I had in the garden and in the fridge. I was so happy with the result I thought it worthy of sharing with you :) The key ingredient that, to me makes it extra delicious is toasted sesame seeds.


Marinated tofu, spinach and sesame seed salad

a handful of spinach
a handful of rocket
10 or so fresh basil leaves
a generous handful of sprouts of your choice (mine were alfalfa and fenugreek because that's what we sprout on our benchtop)
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 small beetroot, grated
2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted in a pan
50-100g marinated tofu cooked in a pan with a splash of oil of your choice til golden and cut into small cubes (this cheat's version was made using store bought Japanese marinated tofu, I used the Soyco brand)

To make:

Wash and 'shred' (chop with a sharp knife into 'shreds') spinach, rocket and basil
Place all ingredients into a salad bowl
Dress with a mix of olive oil and apple cider vinegar or if you have it a touch of sesame oil could be nice in place of the olive oil.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...