Friday, October 19, 2012

fast friday

I went missing in action here this week. I needed a break from technology and was a little swamped by the day-to-day happenings of family life. You know how that goes?

I missed being here though and missed all you. And now the sun is finally showing us its heat I am about to head to the beach with River and Sol for an after school swim but first some links...

The plate of vibrant real food above was part of a taco feast we enjoyed during the week.

I am just back from a trip to Melbourne where Sol and I enjoyed lunch with my aunty at The Kitchen - asparagus and fetta tart with delicious fresh salads of rocket and lentils with mint and chickpeas with black sesame seeds so much flavour on the plate.

I also had good coffee at The Pantry, a restaurant I used to work at and now contribute to their online newsletter

How wonderful do rose and fig muesli biscuits sound?

It was also wonderful this week to discover the art of Anne Middleton

This weekend we are looking forward to heading to the Boneo Market and fingers crossed for a bit more beach weather. Have a beautiful weekend and I look forward to being back here a bit more next week x

3 comments:

  1. Being a plant eater :) that plate of food is perfection to me!
    Happy weekend Nikki and enjoy the sun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello lovely, welcome back, i have been in Sydney for a couple of days, have missed peering into your world, so glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words ladies. We're almost at the weekend again. How does that happen?! See you over on your blogs soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...