Thursday, March 08, 2012

double happiness

My grand plans for sharing the beauty of the Northern Rivers Shire with you via photos and stories of the landscape and whole food loving people were cut short, no not by little people requiring lots of attention, no, by my computer having to visit the laptop doctor coupled with the internet connection where I'm staying being in and out of action.

For now, here is my love list of why my heart sings to be back in the Bay...

*seeing my gorgeous friend Ruth shine in the joy of being a first time mother to twins
*watching my boys so taken with the twin babes, 'can we hold them again?' 'can we??'
*swimming at Torakina beach with River and Sol, watching River splash out his first strokes of freestyle
*the sunshine, humidity and flashes of rain
*the mountains
*the endless blue stretches of sky
*the light
*different bird calls in the morning to the ones I hear on the Peninsula
*cooking spinach, fetta and camembert pie for my friends
*mango, chilli, garlic and coriander salad at Brunswick Heads Health Food Store (BHHFS)
*the generosity of our friend David (owner of BHHFS)
*an afternoon coffee for me and ice cream for the boys
*taking the path of least resistance when Sol declares he is not having an afternoon nap and half an hour later him falling asleep in my lap :)
*Goanna Bakery corn bread
*the Mullumbimby farmers market

....
 Have you ever fallen in love with a place? It was love at first swim for me in the Byron Shire seven years ago. Yes I know people tell me Byron's changed its too commercial, too touristy. The centre of Byron town is what it is but to the left and right and up the road, in Bangalow, Broken Head, Mullumbimby and Brunswick Heads and pockets in between there's magic for me. More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...